Monday 25 April 2016

Yuguda dumps PDP

yugudas

Former governor of Bauchi State, Isa Yuguda, has announced his departure from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), which he de­fected to in 2009 after getting elected on the platform of the defunct opposition party, the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) in 2007.
Addressing journalists through a telephone interview at the Nigerian Union of Jour­nalists (NUJ), Press Centre in Bauchi, Yuguda said he was quitting the party because the platform can no longer deliver the future that Nigerians hope for and has deviated from the path of its noble vision and values.

Yuguda who was reelected on the platform of the PDP in 2011 to 2015, said he was no longer comfortable with the style of leadership of the PDP but that stressed that he was not retiring from partisan politics.
He said: “I do not believe I should continue to be a mem­ber of the PDP because the party cannot deliver to Nige­rians the kind of future they long for and I have my other personal reasons for leaving the party which I cannot give you the details for now
“I also wish to state that I am not leaving politics, but I will like to use this period to hold consultations with col­leagues on the way forward. I also want you to know that am not going to the All Progres­sives Congress (APC) as some people are wrongly insinuat­ing, but I will discuss with my colleagues and I am sure they will advise me on which party to join.

“Some people think I am leaving the party because the party it is losing its relevance after its defeat during the 2015 election, but that is not why I’m leaving now.This is certainly not the party I joined years ago to help change my country.
“I have set for myself certain principles and integrity which I am known for, so staying in the party with the way it is now, will mean compromising who I am and I think I am not being fair to myself by remain­ing in the party.”

The former governor com­mended President Muham­madu Buhari for bringing the needed change in the country and urged the leadership of the APC to continue to carry the citizens along in all it policies and programmes for the na­tion.
Speculations are rife that Yuguda left the PDP because he was not in agreement with the new leadership of the party with Senator Ali Modu Sheriff as the new National Chairman.

The post Yuguda dumps PDP appeared first on Naijatalkative.




via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment